God we need spring and summer more than ever before, after the nine or so months of 2020 we’ve had thus far. And ya boyz over at Bacardi have served up a tasty treat to get you truly in the mood for the incoming sun-drenched days.
A month or two ago, Bacardi launched their own spiced rum product – we have of course seen this space dominated by Captain Morgan and Sailor Jerrys in the past. It’s called Bacardi Spiced (creative, I know), and to get you gearing up for the warm weather – they’ve whipped up a Spiced Pina Colada recipe. That’ll at least have you feeling like you’re sitting on the beaches of Positano.
And I had the pleasure of giving the new Bacardi Spiced a little sample recently. It’s honestly super smooth, perfect even with just a basic soft drink mixer. Even if it’s also obvious that you’re still drinking Bacardi after all.
The beauty about spiced rum in my opinion is that there are distinct differences. The spices change in each brand, meaning it’s a bit of a unique experience either way.
But, how the fuck do you actually make this pina colada drink of the gods? It’s honestly simple stuff, and there’s a good chance you might have most of the ingredients already at home.
Spiced Pina Colada
- 60ml Bacardi Spiced
- 30ml pineapple juice
- 3-4 cubes of fresh pineapple
- 30ml coconut water
- 2 teaspoon castor sugar
- Garnish: pineapple slice and leaf
- Place the pineapple chunks into a cocktail shaker and crush them lightly using a muddler or bar spoon.
- Pour in the pineapple juice and coconut water and stir to dissolve the sugar, before pouring in the Bacardi Spiced.
- Fill the shaker with ice cubes and shake.
- Pour the mix into a highball over crushed ice.
- Garnish with a pineapple slice and leaf.
How bloody good?! And how bloody easy?!!!
Honestly if we’ve learnt anything from lockdown is that all types of alcohol variants are starting to come out – and I’m here for it.
Drink responsibly, of course.