I bet you haven’t heard of the concept of a time capsule in years. Remember those boxes that you would fill with weird sentimental things that you loved as a kid and would bury in them in the backyard, not to be opened for however many years? Yeah those things, and I think they should make an adult comeback for the turn of the century.
Burying a box in your backyard is probably not the smartest way to go about it in 2019. Chances are, you will move, or forget about it or it will end up rotting into the earth. Gross. Luckily, we live in an era where there is a magical thing called technology and we can create our own virtual time capsules from the comfort of our own laptops.
At the end of this year I will be recording a video time capsule of myself answering a few questions. I will be storing the video in a file on my computer strictly labelled ‘Do Not Open Until 2030,’ and will be trying my best to follow my own instructions. You should make a virtual time capsule too this year and answer the following questions in your video.
- What age are you currently?
- What do you like most about being that age?
- What do you like least about being that age?
- Where are you living?
- Do you like where you are living?
- Where do you hope to be living in 10 years’ time?
Questions For If You’re Currently In A Relationship
- What is your current partner’s name?
- How long have you been dating this person?
- Are you in love with them?
- Do you think that you will still be with them in 10 years’ time?
- What do you like most about them?
- What do you like least about them?
Questions For If You’re Currently Single
- How do you truthfully feel about being single?
- When was your last relationship and how long did it last for?
- Why did your last relationship end?
- Who was the last person you slept with?
- What are you looking for in your next partner?
- Do you see yourself still single in 10 years’ time?
- Are you studying anything at the moment or have you completed any studies?
- What is your current job?
- Do you like your current job?
- What does your career in 10 years’ time look like?
- What is your biggest achievement in your career so far?
- What is something in your career that you want to achieve within the next decade?
- Who is your closest friend at the moment?
- Do you think you will still be friends with this person in 10 years’ time?
- Who was the last friend that you made?
- Which of your friends do you think will be most successful in 10 years’ time?
- Which of your friends do you think will be next to get married?
- Which of your friends do you worry the most about how they will turn out in 10 years?
- How often do you see your family?
- What is one thing you wish you could change about your family life?
- What is your favourite thing about your mum?
- What is your favourite thing about your dad?
- Do you think you will have a family of your own in 10 years’ time?
- How many children do you want?
- What are your top three favourite songs right now?
- What are your top three favourite films?
- What is the best TV series you have ever watched?
- What is your favourite item of clothing in your wardrobe right now?
- What does your ideal Saturday look like?
- Where is your favourite place you have travelled to so far?
- What has been the best day of your life so far?
- What has been the worst day of your life so far?
- What is your biggest regret?
- What is your biggest fear?
- When was the last time you really cried about something?
- Do you like the person that you are currently?
A Message To Your Future Self
- What do you hope for your future self?
- What would you be really sad to see about your future self?
- What is one thing you hope that they have done?
- What do you think they look like physically? Be as descriptive as possible.
- What is the last thing you would like to say to them?
Have a read of some 1920s slang that needs to be brought back in 2020, to keep you excited for the new decade.
Image Sources: Unsplash, GIPHY