In today’s super random news, Kanye West is apparently considering changing his name to ‘Christian Genius Billionaire Kanye West’ and as usual, it’s hard to tell if he’s joking or not.
Kanye made a surprise appearance at the Fast Company Innovation festival in New York on Thursday where he spoke with Yeezy footwear designer Steven Smith. In usual Kanye fashion, he rambled on about politics and his intentions to run for president in 2024.
West preached, “When I did Forbes, I showed them a $890 million receipt and they still didn’t say ‘billionaire’. They don’t want us to know that we can buy land; they don’t want us to have the 100 percent ownership I have at Yeezy…”
He told Fast Company senior writer Mark Wilson,
“When people say it’s crass to call yourself a billionaire, I might legally change my name to Christian Genius Billionaire Kanye West for a year until y’all understand exactly what it is.”
All I’m going to say is, I absolutely cannot wait to see the people of America elect a president named ‘Christian Genius Billionaire Kanye West.’ That one will look so iconic printed in the history books. Although Kanye doesn’t seem too concerned, claiming“It will be on the license plate.’
This is a minor controversy in a timeline of Kanye’s incredibly controversial moments.
Best Kanye Controversies
- In 2006 Kanye poses for Rolling Stone with a crown of thorns, comparing himself to Jesus
- Kanye interrupts Taylor Swift at MTV’s Video Music Awards in 2009
- Including the lyrics, “I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex / Why? I made that bitch famous” in his hit song Famous in 2016
- Tweeting “BILL COSBY INNOCENT!!!!!!!!!!” in 2016 with no context. (Bill Cosby was found guilty of drugging and raping a woman and sentenced to 10 years in prison)
- Tweeting that he is ‘$53 Million in debt’ in 2016 (okay Christian Billionaire West) and asks Mark Zuckerberg for $1 Billion, but via Twitter, Facebook’s biggest competitor…
- Kanye spams Twitter with philosophy in 2018 with what he calls his own philosophy “book”
- In 2018 Kanye tells TMZ he believes slavery was a choice.
- Kanye has a light lunch with Trump in 2018 to discuss prison reform and other political agendas (cuteeee) and Trump says that Kanye “could very well be” a future presidential candidate. Buckle up kids!
Image Sources: GIPHY, Twitter