Imagine for a moment a good friend tells you that she has a new next-door neighbour. You’ve never met or seen this person but you’re informed that her name is “Oil” (bare with me). She could be rainbows and lollipops but the visual that automatically pops into mind is a greasy, pimply, slick-haired, perhaps a generally unhygienic human being.
Unfortunately, we are so used to relating oil with negative connotations, such as fatty foods and cars (relax boys), that instead of using it to our advantage, we try everything to remove it. What many women don’t know is that good oils can offer your body endless beauty and health benefits and give you that effortless glow we all kill for.
Here we introduce the Top 10 products on the market containing essential oils, which have earned their place in the Beauty Hall of Fame (aka my daily beauty regime – it keeps me feeling good!)
1. Kiehl’s Magic Elixir Hair Oil: Without a healthy scalp it is near impossible to have healthy and shiny hair. This oil breaks down and lifts away dirt and excess oils, whilst invigorating and moisturising the scalp. In turn, the scalp returns to its original balanced state allowing the roots to replenish and your hair to grow healthier. Available for $30.00.
2. Bio-Oil: This is THE all-round oil product that will change your beauty routine forever. This product targets scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, aging and dehydrated skin. By massaging it into problem areas daily, your skin will become soft and blemish free within a few weeks. Available for $14.95.
3. DHC Deep Cleansing Oil: Full of Vitamin E and a blend of hydrating oils, this product removes make-up, unclogs pores, removes impurities and leaves your face silky smooth. It is an inexpensive way to look after your skin and keep it supple for many years. Available for $19.00.
4. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate: During the day your face can become dry and tired and at night the skin needs to regenerate, repair and replenish. Simply apply 2-3 drops evenly across your face before you go to sleep then let this incredible oil do the rest! Available for $46.00.
5. Shu Uemura Amino Massage Oil Foam: Massaging helps revive tired skin and with this product any signs of the stressful day ahead or behind you will disappear. Its rich creamy foam quickly transforms into oil once the formula is applied and massaged into the skin. It is infused with chamomile, lavender and bergamot and is the ultimate oil must have. Available for $35.00.
6. Moroccan Oil: This treatment is versatile and can be used as a conditioning agent, replenish oil, finishing serum or a styling tool. It is world-renowned and improves the shine, health and strength of your locks. Simply apply to damp or dry hair and you’re away! Available for $37.00.
7. Lancôme Nutrix Levres Lip Balm: The protection and nourishment of your lips is essential as they can very easily become cracked or dry resulting in flaky sore lips. This oil-based balm is infused with sesame oil, which keeps lips soft and supple. The butter like formula glides on with ease and offers the added benefit of sun protection. Available for $46.00.
8. Krill Oil: Why not focus on helping our insides become clean and beautiful too? Krill oil tablets are full of Omega3; fats which are not made by our bodies but are essential to our health. They also help with brain function, arthritis and joint pain, bloating and skin conditions such as dermatitis. Available for $35.00.
9. Virgin Coconut Oil: Affordable and easy to find at your local supermarket, virgin coconut oil does wonders for your natural glow. It should be applied after a shower and will keep your skin soft and hydrated, as well as softening the appearance of fine lines. Available for $10.00.
10. Olay Regenerist Resurfacing Elixir: This non-greasy oil glides onto your skin and dissolves quickly to create a sleeker, tighter and refined complexion. Formulated with soothing moisturisers and antioxidants, this elixir is the perfect addition to your anti-aging routine. Available for $30.00.
So shed those negative stereotypes about oil ladies (and gentlemen!) Get out to your local beauty store and pick up some of these products. I guarantee they will make you look and feel great!