It really is the most wonderful time of the year, folks. Christmas has made its way around again, and with it, brought plenty of cheer and merriment. Of course, no holiday is complete without a couple of cocktails. Whether it’s to increase the Christmas festivities, or as sweet reprieve from your more unsavoury relatives, we’ve got your back with 5 easy recipes for Christmas Cocktails.
1. White Christmas Martini
- 2 ounces vanilla vodka
- 2 ounces white chocolate liqueur
- 1 ounce white creme de cacao
- 1 ounce half-and-half
- Honey and sugar for rim garnish
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add the vodka, white chocolate liqueur, creme de cacao, and half-and-half. Shake vigorously.
- Pour into martini glass. Pour honey into one shallow dish and sugar into another. Coat the rim of the glass in honey, then dip in sugar to coat evenly.
2. Spiced Mexican Hot Chocolate
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup dulche de leche
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 10 oz. 70% dark chocolate
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- Whisk together milk, half-and-half, dulche de leche and cinnamon sticks in a large saucepan
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 10 minutes
- Return mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Gradually whisk in finely chopped 70% dark chocolate, whisking until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in pure vanilla extract, kosher salt and bourbon. Discard cinnamon sticks. Serve warm.
3. Drunk Jack Frosties Cocktail
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 cup champagne
- 1/2 cup Blue Curacao
- 1/2 cup lemonade
- 3 cups ice
- Lemon wedges
- White sugar
- In a blender, combine vodka, champagne, blue curacao, lemonade and ice. Blend until combined.
- Run a lemon wedge around the rim of each glass in sanding sugar.
- Pour frosties into rimmed glasses and serve immediately.
4. White Christmas Mojitos
- Juice of 1 lime
- 8 leaves of mint
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons white rum
- 1 tablespoon coconut rum
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- Sparkling water
- In a class, mix lime juice, sugar and mint leaves until leaves have broken down. Fill the glasses halfway with ice.
- In a blender, combine white rum, coconut rum and coconut milk and pulse until smooth.
- Pour over ice and stir to combine. Top with sparkling water, mint and pomegranate.
5. Peppermint White Christmas
- 1 bottle chilled champagne
- White creme de cocoa
- Candy canes
- In a ziploc crush 1 whole candy cane with a rolling pin until you are left with a fine powder.
- Dip the rims of your champagne flutes in a small dish of White Creme de cocoa and then in the crushed candy cane.
- Fill champagne glasses 1/3 full with white creme de cocoa and top up with champagne.
- Garnish with a whole candy cane.
Image Source: Inspired By Charm, Country Living, Delish, Hald Baked Harvest, Freutcake